- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university (unless you are an undergraduate with senior standing at a CSU).
- A grade point average of 2.67 overall or 2.75 in the last 60 semester or 90 quarter units. (Petition for Exceptional Admission available).
- One official, sealed copy of all university transcripts.
Completion of the basic skills requirement: Required for admission.
Verification of Subject Matter Competence
- Passage of the Multiple Subject California Subject Examination for Teachers (CSET) or
- Subject matter verification from an approved Elementary Subject Matter Program.
- Applicants must submit verification by the beginning of the term to enroll in Term 1.
- Applicants who have not yet met the subject matter requirement may begin the program in a pre-professional split-term one. Subject matter must be met before enrolling in term two of the program.
Letters of Recommendation
- Two letters of recommendation on business letterhead.
- Letters must be written within the last 2-3 years
A written statement of your background.
Interview with a CalStateTEACH faculty member.
Tuberculin and Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) clearance is required
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) Immunization: All new and readmitted students must provide proof of full immunization against measles, mumps and rubella prior to enrollment. If you attended a California State University or University of California institution as an undergraduate, you have met that requirement.
- The tuberculin clearance must be completed within 6 months of program application and must be valid through the three terms of the program. Because of AB1667 applicants may complete a TB Risk Assessment Questionnaire or a TB test. (Some school districts may require the TB test and that may delay a candidate's placement.) The tuberculin clearance may be completed at a private physician's office, the County Health Department, or a campus Student Health Center. Immunization Waiver
Personal email account.
An email account that may be used to contact you.
Certificate of Clearance
May be obtained from the Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
Letter of Good Standing
Only for applicants who have attended another Teacher Preparation Program.
Intern or Private School Teacher Option
- Contract to a multiple-subject classroom in an accredited public school.
- Contract to a multiple-subject classroom in an accredited private school.